Cressida – Cressida/Asylum
2 on 1 CD – £9.99
Catalog No. BGOCD866
- Originally released in 1970 and 1971 respectively on the Vertigo ‘spiral’ label (Polydor’s progressive rock imprint). Original copies are extremely rare, commanding prices in the collectors’ market of over £100 (GBP) each.
- Cressida were a British art rock band formed at the end of the 1960’s, with a sound not dissimilar to the Moody Blues. They combined a heavy organ and Mellotron sound (courtesy of keyboard player Peter Jennings) with vocalist Angus Cullen’s singing.
- Their self-titled debut is filled with hauntingly beautiful melodies and straightforward, accessible song structures.
- ’Asylum’ was produced by Australian Ossie Byrne, known for his production work on the first Bee Gees album.
- After the band split, Ian Clark had a brief stay with Uriah Heep, and John Culley became a member of Black Widow.
- Full sleevenote by Daryl Easlea
- Cressida: To Play Your Little Game
- Winter Is Coming Again
- Time For Bed
- Home And Where I Long To Be
- One Of A Group
- Lights In My Mind
- The Only Earthman In Town
- Spring' 69
- Down Down
- Tomorrow Is A Whole New Day
- Goodbye Post Office Tower Goodbye
- Summer Weekend Of A Lifetime
- Let Them
- Come When They Will